Want to know more about volcanoes and the fascinating world of volcanology? Check out my latest articles uploaded on this site and those featured in other sites around the web! (More articles available in my blog)
List of articles on this site:
- Disney’s Moana – Lava vs. Water
- The importance of understanding sediments
- The wonders of volcanic ash – an introduction
- Volcanic sonic boom – what, why and how?
- Volcanic hazards: Sulphur Dioxide
- The wonder of pillow lava
- Is an Icelandic volcano about to erupt? – the issue of bad journalism
- Unconventional volcanoes
- Past volcanic eruptions…in the future
Articles elsewhere on the web:
- Volcanic Rocks for Crops in Reaction Science
- The Truth Behind Dinsey Pixar’s ‘LAVA’ in Reaction Science
- Wanmer, S. et al. 2018. A bug’s death: PDC-water interactions indicated by diatom-bearing ash aggregates in the Columbia River Flood Basalt Province. In: Manville, V. (ed). Programme and abstracts, VMSG 54th Annual Conference, Leeds, UK, January 2018, pg 84.
- Wanmer, S. et al. 2017. Fine-grained volcanic material within the Early Eocene (T50) Balder Formation: Implications for hydrocarbon exploration in the North Sea and Faroe-Shetland Basins. Abstract & poster presented at the 2017 AAPG Asia Pacific Region GTW, Influence of Volcanism and Associated Magmatic Processes of Petroleum Systems, Oamaru, New Zealand, March 14-16